Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Flat steel library profile maker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does any one know of a flat steel profile maker like Steelselect's profile maker for shs/chs beams
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a lot but I am still at a loss because I need flat rolled steel sections, not hollow or shaped With the Steel Select object maker I also get weights per lin meter on what ever size section I an using So I still live in hope It helps to be able to do weight calcs on your structure In this case a steel roof access ladder so needed weight for attaching to building structure
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
phubbell wrote:
I would love to be able to categorize my profiles into folders rather than have a gigantic laundry list of profiles. I'd have folders like Mouldings, Foundation and footings, Steel, Masonry etc.
Very much agree! Matthew added folders as a sub-wish to this one:
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=31083

Might be worth "bumping" that wish topic. 🙂
No kidding. Look at this profiles list that I have to deal with after importing a structural model from Revit. This is only a very small portion of the complete list. At least it appears that ArchiCAD can handle effectively unlimited numbers of profiles. Of course much of the problem here is that the translator is creating a profile for each individual beam and column. Perhaps there is a setting that I ma missing. Otherwise I will be notifying the development team.
Profiles List RDCD.jpg