Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Gravity in 3d explore mode

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!

I have ArchiCAD 20.

1. My first question is the following:

Is it possible in 3D exploration mode that I walk on the floors? What I mean is like in a video game, so I don't have to press the PageUp key everytime I want to climb up a stairway. Gravity basically.

2 Second question:

Is it possible to turn on a collision detection, so the program only let me go through doors, but not through solid walls and other objects.

3. Third question:

Is there a way to operate basic objects. For example opening doors or windows in a simple manner before entering a room.

4. Fourth question:

If the original program doesn't have these features what are the best plugins out there (if they exist) that can serve these purposes.

Thank you very much for any answer.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Torraqe wrote:
Hello!

I have ArchiCAD 20.

1. My first question is the following:

Is it possible in 3D exploration mode that I walk on the floors? What I mean is like in a video game, so I don't have to press the PageUp key everytime I want to climb up a stairway. Gravity basically.
This happens in BIMx models when not in "fly" mode.
Torraqe wrote:

2 Second question:

Is it possible to turn on a collision detection, so the program only let me go through doors, but not through solid walls and other objects.
Also in BIMx models
Torraqe wrote:
3. Third question:

Is there a way to operate basic objects. For example opening doors or windows in a simple manner before entering a room.
If you set up and render a walk-thru of your model some objects (doors for example) have parameters to set to animate them.
Torraqe wrote:
4. Fourth question:

If the original program doesn't have these features what are the best plugins out there (if they exist) that can serve these purposes.

Thank you very much for any answer.
Check out BIMx, which is integrated within Archicad. I'm not sure of the process to publish a BIMx file in AC20 as I haven't done it yet (very different from AC19) but there is bound to be plenty of info in the help files and on You Tube tutorials.