cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Grid short in wall section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is the setting that will adjust the automatic placement of the grid bubble? Mine always puts it in the wall.
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeff,
Nice section!
The grids ALWAYS come in low. They need to be stretched up. Often it is hard to get the correct stretchy node. What I do is pull the grid bubble to the side as if to offset the grid because it is too close to another. Then you can see the correct node to stretch. It is the one where the grid bubble meets the grid line.
...or: I isolate the grid layer to simplify selection, and always select the bottom node. In order to manually reposition Grid Elements within the S/E window: 1) select the bottom of the element with the marquee tool to drag the element up or down, 2) select the hotspot at the bottom of the element with the arrow tool to stretch the line.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jeff,
Laura's way is far better. Especially when you are trying to move lots of them, like in a building section.

Thanks for the reminder Laura!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Actually if you draw a marquee around the tails you can stretch them up. that is the fastest way I have found. I was just hoping there was a setting to move them up.
Like this
www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=0bz-QzxfaXs&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/0bz-QzxfaXs/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJxkT-n1y8znyEvr4-f-KHM
Jere
Expert
maybe a stupid question, but what are you using to automatically create the grids?
ArchiCAD 26; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 64GB RAM, GeForce GTX 3060
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grid tool.
jkoenig1980 wrote:
Actually if you draw a marquee around the tails you can stretch them up. that is the fastest way I have found. I was just hoping there was a setting to move them up.
Like this
www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=0bz-QzxfaXs&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/0bz-QzxfaXs/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskJxkT-n1y8znyEvr4-f-KHM
(Actually, that's "dragging", not "stretching".) The setting that does exist is "Marker's distance" within the "Grid Tool" panel of the S/E dialog. This is the relationship between the "tail" and Project Zero (except it's the negative value, i.e., -24" will place the tail 24" above Project Zero). HOWEVER, once the S/E window has been activated via the Marker, this value cannot be reset.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004