Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

HOW TO ROTATE THE WALL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have created a gym wall using both the slab and wall tools, now need to rotate it up to a 77• slant. Opened the library part, but can't figure out what to add, or what tool to use to rotate...I guess it is around the z axis?

GYM WALL A.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Erich
Contributor
Go to your 3D script and type
ROTx 77
at the top of the script window. In Archicad the Z axis is vertical so you will want to rotate about either the X or Y axis.

You may also want to see the overhead projection of the assembly in 2D. If so, go to your 2D script window comment out anything that might be there (I suspect that there is nothing and your 2D view is from the 2D symbol window) and type
PROJECT2 3, 270, 2
at the top of the script. This will have archiCAD produce an overhead projection of your rotated object.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Think it rotated up, but don't have a proper 2d view. Not sure what to "comment out" and what is "
"PROJECT2 3, 270, 2
?

Entered "PROJECT2 3, 270, 2" at the top of the 2d window, but nothing happened...

Erich wrote:
ROTx 77
at the top of the script window. In Archicad the Z axis is vertical so you will want to rotate about either the X or Y axis.

You may also want to see the overhead projection of the assembly in 2D. If so, go to your 2D script window comment out anything that might be there (I suspect that there is nothing and your 2D view is from the 2D symbol window) and type
PROJECT2 3, 270, 2
at the top of the script. This will have archiCAD produce an overhead projection of your rotated object.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Re read your advice, performed all changes, but here is what the library part shows....is there a way to get the 2d overhead window to show a projected canted wall?

Erich wrote:
ROTx 77

PROJECT2 3, 270, 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is what I learned about special canted wall objects today. THANK YOU TO ERICH... See the fancy gym wall in the distance?
Archimamamia wrote:
Re read your advice, performed all changes, but here is what the library part shows....is there a way to get the 2d overhead window to show a projected canted wall?

Erich wrote:
ROTx 77

PROJECT2 3, 270, 2

SES 4122011 VIEW2.jpg
Erich
Contributor
I have been away for a bit. Did you get the 2D to work or are there still issues?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Archimamamia wrote:
Not sure what to "comment out"
Comment Out is the same as Uncomment, which adds an "!" in front of each line which prevents the line from being read as code (reads as a comment). This command can be added to your Work Environment for faster script changes. Uncomment serves the same purpose as deleting the code, without actually removing it.
Archimamamia wrote:
and what is "
"PROJECT2 3, 270, 2
?

Entered "PROJECT2 3, 270, 2" at the top of the 2d window, but nothing happened...
The rest of the code should be deleted or Uncommented for this code to work properly. It is creating a 2D Symbol directly from the 3D code, which can easily show complex forms that would be hard to code in 2D, the downside is that it is more resource intensive, so should only be used in special cases, not as a standard solution. The command must be entered exactly, the extra " in your text will render it unintelligible.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14