cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Help w/ educational version

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an college student doing an internship w/ us this winter and they have received an educational version of AC10 from Graphisoft. One problem that they are having is printing out their school projects w/o the "educational version" tag printing across the page.

Is there a way to turn that function off.
She (my intern) had to prove to Graphisoft that she was a student and was finally able to secure a year-log evaluation/ education period. Now it would be great if she could actually use the program to produce her school projects.

Any help would be appreciated.

THX
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know if this would work, 'cos I've never tried it,

Your "friend" could maybe format their drawings on a larger Master than needed, then print to the size required from PDF file, centred, with no scaling. The border text might be omitted because it is outside the sheet you are printing too.

eg. for A3 drawings, set out Master with A3 title and border in the middle of an A2 size master. (Not sure what the US equivalent sizes are, but you'll probably work it out.)

Hope this helps.
border.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Now it would be great if she could actually use the program to produce her school projects.
How is the border stopping her from doing her work?

I am a student using AC10 as well, and it never has prohibited me from doing work.

A decent work around.......say you are printing a 24x36 sheet. Make the layout for a few inches larger and put a single line (vert and horz) to define every corner. Print on a larger sheet, and trim the paper to 24x36.

Are you getting a total border, when I print, I only get a logo in the upper right corner, the older versions used to have the border, my newer version is much less intrusive.

But to answer the original question, no you can not turn it off. It is part of the educational package, so you don't use it for commercial use.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am sorry for the confusion . The problem she is having is when she is trying to print just the "current view" without doing a full paste up. That is when the watermark appears across her image.

I will have her try to paste up on a layout sheet to get the disclaimer around the boarder. (that would be quite acceptable!)
Thanks for the input/ clarification.