Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 is available

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Talkers,

It's time to visit the Help menu / Check for updates command to get the latest Hotfix for ArchiCAD 10 (build 966). Please check out the Release Notes for a fixed bug list.

The patch applies to both Education and full licences of ArchiCAD 10. The patch also updates goodies installed in the ArchiCAD folder
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
43 REPLIES 43
archislave
Enthusiast
Graphisoft failed to fully explain the situation on the update page like usual - just vague press releases from behind the red curtain.

Obviously, the Mactel version is checking the same web page it will check once it is not Beta and a is a fully released Universal app that will at that time in the future be able to be installed on a power pc or intel mac.

Since the Universal has not been released, that page shows only the PPC update. If you choose to update it will mess up the MacIntel Beta by installing the PPC version over it. YOu will then be running in Rosetta if it works at all.

This is entirely my user logic, but is obvious. Unfortunately they failed to explain which is very disappointing for what it says about the competency of the company and the respect for it's users. They operate in secrecy and arrogance - like we are the poor masses - and let them eat cake. I am sorry that my livelihood is connected to such powers that be - who are that rude.

However, they have managed to pull off a very good product although with such slow gradual advances.
Archislave

archicad 26.0 US, M2 Macbook Air
If you choose to update it will mess up the MacIntel Beta by installing the PPC version over it.
Let me get this straight. If you Check For Updates within the Mactel RC, it will take you to the PPC 966? And it says, 'Your Archicad is not up to date'? And it writes over the Mactel app with no warning? That's not very nice. (Almost forgot: Then they leave for the weekend.)
James Murray

Archicad 27 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
TomWaltz
Participant
It probably never occurred to them that someone running a "Release Candidate" would expect a service pack before there was an actual release.
Tom Waltz
__archiben
Booster
James wrote:
Let me get this straight. If you Check For Updates within the Mactel RC, it will take you to the PPC 966? And it says, 'Your Archicad is not up to date'? And it writes over the Mactel app with no warning? That's not very nice. (Almost forgot: Then they leave for the weekend.)
yup. but worse than that . . . once the PPC version has 'patched' the mactel version the resulting mongrel creation doesn't even launch.

luckily i know graphisoft well enough to have made a complete copy of my mactel folder first

hope they had a good weekend.

~/archiben

by the way - i think this is fixed with the 966 build. didn't see anything in the release notes that looked like the problem, but the files i was having the problem with open just fine and dandy-oh with 10v1.
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Josh, from CadImage has just advised me not to download this update at this stage.
... we wouldn’t recommend applying the patch just yet. We have encountered a quite major problem with a particular plan file in it, so we are working through that now and will let all clients now when we have a recommendation
Just thought I'd let you know.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Stuart - is that just for the Mactel version or any/all versions?

I'd be interested in hearing the recommendation when they release it.

Greg, do you have any comments?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link,
I wasn't specific when I asked Josh for his advice, and he wasn't specific when giving it, so I can't help you there sorry. I am on Windows so he may have that on his records (they are our reseller) and have been advising accordingly, but I can't be sure.
Sorry to be so vague (so what else is new, you ask?)
__archiben
Booster
i sent them a file yesterday that crashed every time you tried to go up or down a storey with the new patch installed, (PPC not mactel). i had a feeling it was an issue with legacy cadimage add-on data or the GS grid tool data, but didn't have much time to investigate thoroughly . . . (i had a whole office of computers that i had to re-install the 817 release of archicad on!)

if you do install the patch and have used those add-ons, i found that i had to open the file with none of the add-ons installed and uncheck the "keep data" box. once saved it worked ok, but i have no idea what happens if the add-ons are then re-loaded and used again . . .

glad to hear they're working on it . . .

cheers
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I am very sorry for the confusion. The patch does not apply to MacTel versions. MacTel is a Beta, it has its own release cycle. Nevertheless, it should not take you to the Mac PPC patch download site, it is a bug we will fix in the official release.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
The patch repaired the DWG save problem (thanks for that!) but there are couple problems left (or just shown up)

The first is the applying the patch - I am on the PC - and it is the first time in patching AC history since ver 5 I had to unistall and install AC again before applying the patch ;-(

There are some issues on layouts:
1. Regarding the drawings - if there are PDFs placed as drawings on plan - the view of the plan even if croped on layout - shows the pdfs..
2. Regarding text input on layout - there is an issue about the background of typed text on layout - if the model has ie. black background - and the layout white - the text input background is black as well - so it is virtually impossible to controll what is typed in.

Best Regards,
Piotr