Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do i cut a hole in a fill?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still getting used to archicad and i just used the fill tool however i have an area within an area i have filled which i dont want to be filled. How do i cut a hole in it? For eaxmple say you havae a kitchen which is tiled but you have a bench which now has a tile fill over it and i dont want it to be tiled. How do i make the bench blank with tiles around it?

Hope that made sense.

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Everybody knows that to learn how to cut a hole in a fill you should look at the instructions for cutting a hole in a slab. [joke]

From Archicad HELP: Placing Holes in Slabs

You may need to make holes in Slabs to accommodate objects such as staircases, or for an open atrium space.
Select a Slab and activate the Slab tool, then draw a new contour within the Slab’s boundaries. This new contour will be interpreted as a hole in the Slab.

If you forgot to select a Slab before starting to create a hole in it, the new contour will be interpreted as a new Slab, even if it lies inside another Slab. (In 3D, this will not be apparent until you select either of the two slabs. You can then delete the inadvertently created slab).

If you create a hole whose outline intersects the host Slab’s contour or the outline of other holes in the same polygon, ArchiCAD will display a warning message, but the outline of the hole will still be created.
See also: Selecting Slab Hole.

But: NEVER MIND

Since you actually need to have the bench object move in front of the fill, see if your object can have a solid white fill as part of the object's plan appearance. Objects can be made to move forward in the layout, covering the fill.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
And if I need a circular hole? I only have options for square, rectabgular or odd shapes
Anonymous
Not applicable
EbenezerPG wrote:
And if I need a circular hole? I only have options for square, rectabgular or odd shapes 😞
use the circle tool to get the size you need, drag that circle to your fill, select the fill, space bar click on the circle (be in the fill tool)
rocorona
Booster
Archimamamia wrote:
use the circle tool to get the size you need, drag that circle to your fill, select the fill, space bar click on the circle (be in the fill tool)
This what we usually do, as it seems "simpler" (we are keen to use the most used tool, so not "distract" our thinking from the target result). But remember that in the pet palette there are four buttons for a direct creation of a curved hole, beside the first one for straight lines. And with two or three clicks you can use them to make full circles.
holes.jpg

--Roberto Corona--
www.archiradar.com
AC18 - ITA full on Win10
rocorona wrote:
Archimamamia wrote:
This what we usually do, as it seems "simpler" (we are keen to use the most used tool, so not "distract" our thinking from the target result). But remember that in the pet palette there are four buttons for a direct creation of a curved hole, beside the first one for straight lines. And with two or three clicks you can use them to make full circles.
well, it took me less words to explain, seems more direct