cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you model a Broken Gable Roof?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Any suggestions on how to model a broken gable roof? Struggling to get the roof tool to keep valleys and ridges at 45 degree angle as well.

I attached a screen shot of what I have and the red lines of where I need to be.

ProblemArchicad_BrokenGableRoof.PNG
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
The easiest way I think is to convert the multiplane roof to single roof planes and add in a new lower pitched roof where you need it.
Then trim all the edges together to form the hips, valleys and joins.

You could leave the main roof as a multi-plane roof and add in a separate single plane and try to connect it but you may find it doesn't join up successfully.

You can also leave it as a multi-plane roof and in the multi-plane geometry settings you can add another level.
But I always find this very hard to work out the positions for the pitching point and I am never happy with the way it automatically trims.
So I convert the roof to single roof planes and adjust the low pitch roof and re-trim it.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
The easiest way I think is to convert the multiplane roof to single roof planes and add in a new lower pitched roof where you need it.
Then trim all the edges together to form the hips, valleys and joins.

You could leave the main roof as a multi-plane roof and add in a separate single plane and try to connect it but you may find it doesn't join up successfully.

You can also leave it as a multi-plane roof and in the multi-plane geometry settings you can add another level.
But I always find this very hard to work out the positions for the pitching point and I am never happy with the way it automatically trims.
So I convert the roof to single roof planes and adjust the low pitch roof and re-trim it.

Using single plane roofs worked out much better. Thanks so much for the help!