Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do you unlock a Work Environment Profile?

Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
AC Help is of no help...

I've created a custom installation package via Graphisoft's recommendations, which automatically loads our office's WE profiles when installing AC10 on individual computers. This is nice; however, the loaded WE profiles are locked. Since locked profiles cannot be deleted, how do I unlock them in order to update as needed?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
16 REPLIES 16
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
On Windows Work Environments are stored at this location:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD-64 18.0.0 INT R1\WorkEnvironment

also

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD-64 18.0.0 INT R1\Latest WorkEnvironment

There must be something similar for the Mac.
You may have to delete or unlock (or modify them from read-only) those Profiles and Schemes from here to make them disappear.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaredBanks wrote:
Let's revive this. There is a certain add-on company that creates new work environment schemes and locks them. Even when you uninstall the add-ons the schemes stay. Anyone know how to get rid of them?

Question do you need to get rid of them cause they disrupt your work flow OR they just "bug" you?
Eduardo Rolon
johnadrian wrote:
JaredBanks wrote:
Let's revive this. There is a certain add-on company that creates new work environment schemes and locks them. Even when you uninstall the add-ons the schemes stay. Anyone know how to get rid of them?
Question do you need to get rid of them cause they disrupt your work flow OR they just "bug" you?
That is an easy answer. Of course it bugs him! We architects with Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies hate things that we can't control
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

JaredBanks
Mentor
ejrolon wrote:
johnadrian wrote:
JaredBanks wrote:
That is an easy answer. Of course it bugs him! We architects with Obsessive/Compulsive tendencies hate things that we can't control
What he said! I hate not being in control of these little things. But more importantly, as I share everything I do, I don't like having clutter or things that other people don't have. So for instance, if I'm going to share my work environment, I don't want other people to get cluttered with my weird garbage. I know I can export things individually, but if I'm doing a screen capture video, I want what is shown to be the same as what people watching would see on their own machines.

In general I like to either be using what comes out of the box or what can be built from what's in the box (virtual box since we don't get discs anymore).

So yeah, it's just a personal crusade for perfection.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
Jared

Have you had a look through the plists?
I dare say there will be something in there regarding those add-ons.
It's that exact sort of behaviour from add-on suppliers that makes me wary.
And also the reason I have a second machine for testing them!
JaredBanks
Mentor
I have not. I've crept up to that point, but then shied away. Might look tomorrow.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
JaredBanks wrote:
In general I like to either be using what comes out of the box or what can be built from what's in the box (virtual box since we don't get discs anymore).

So yeah, it's just a personal crusade for perfection.

With that said, you can either 1. continue to look for a way to delete these unwanted schemes; or 2. Reload AC18 all over again; or 3. just wait till June till the new release. Happy hunting