cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How is Archicad used within the design industry?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am intrigued to find out if Archicad is used for applications other than Architecture and Interior Design within the design industry. I am a designer for a playground equipment manufacturer and use Archicad to design playgrounds, equipment and landscapes.

I have not yet come across anybody or any company who uses it as i do and was wondering if there is anybody out there who does?
6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
About 12 years ago when I was working for Graphisoft as an employee (as opposed be being a freelance like now) we had a company in Sweden where the guys were designing cruise ships with ArchiCAD. One guy sent me one level of a ship once and the ship was more than 300 meters long. I guess they appreciate the Shell and Morph capabilities of the program nowadays.
I don't know about people using it for playground equipment design but knowing the capabilities of GDL and the modeling tools I think it is feasible.

I know at one time I was using GDL to graphically solve geometrical problems like there was a large triangle with lines within it dividing it into many smaller triangles and you had to figure out exactly how many different triangles were in it.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I used ArchiCAD at university when I studied interior design. I had to adapt the way I worked and used the program when I got a job in playground design. This took a bit of time to get used to but its definitely feasible as you can see from the end results.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Looks cool.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Interesting topic. I was wondering if Archicad would be any good as a cartographic mapping software. I suspect not.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi folks!

I did many semi-conductors plants for more than 20 years!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made the design of a 3d printer (gemez-bot) with archicad mainly.
www.garquitectos.es/index.php/gbot-impresora-reprap.html
garquitectos.wordpress.com/2012/12/14/nueva-seccion-en-nuestra-pagina-web-g-bot/
In the link you can view a render. I have a lot of more...
In my youtube channel I have some videos with the printer working... so I think that Archicad can be used for engineering design... but I think that there are better programs for this kind of work. Openscad have a language very similar to GDL.