cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to create thickened slab?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to make a 4" thick slab that thickens to 8" at a garage door with a 2/1 slope. Can this be achieved?
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
Use the complex profile as a wall, placed across the slope direction.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do I use the slab tool for most of the garage slab, then a CP for just the part I want sloped?
Dwight
Newcomer
Either.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Either will work but you'll be happier if you do the whole slab then add the CP underneath.
I like to use a mesh for garage floor slab and use the Level Dim Tool.
Once you place the Level Dim on the mesh it remains interactive.
If you move the mesh up or down the level dims change with it.

Don't leave any water in corners.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Arcadia
Booster
Better yet get the slab accessories tool from Cadimage which gives you highly customisable tickenings/footings. And a very quick application of favourite thickening shapes/designs.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
For slab thickenings such as this (and under internal load-bearing walls too) I add a Roof element immediately underneath the overall slab. Set it with zero pitch and 4" thick - and then you can easily chamfer any edge via the pet pallet edge angle option.

This also allows you to show the thickening in plan view by setting the "roof" slab element to show a dotted outline.
Barry Kelly
For these load bearing type thickenings you can also now use the slab tool in version 14.
Now has the option to angle the edge of a slab just like you can a roof.
Just saves the extra step of having to pitch a roof a zero degrees.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
version 14...Now has the option to angle the edge of a slab just like you can a roof.
Just saves the extra step of having to pitch a roof a zero degrees.
Barry.
Well that's good news that GS are still paying at least some attention to the basic tools. After the last three versions, I'm sure they were beginning to feel neglected 😉
In v14, can you chamfer any single edge of a slab independently of other edges (so it's not just a universal chamfer on all edges of the the slab)?