Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to draw a wall

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, newish user of archicad, use mainly autocad..

anyhow, please could anyone tell me of how to draw a wall wich say starts at 1m high and then gradually inclines to 3m over the distance of say 6m?

i basicly want a wall that starts lower and inclines, have tried to find a way but i have a deadline coming up and so running out of time to find out for myself!!

please help!?
39 REPLIES 39
Anonymous
Not applicable
7 step
Anonymous
Not applicable
8 step (more to come...jsut whait here 😉
step8.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
step 9

Now select WALL TOOL and folow numbers 1,2,3
You will have to select your profile...you allready named it before you exit lstep 8. My profile name is BRISATI...you must select yours
Capture.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
step 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
step 10-a

this is my 3d view. and i see that my profile is not positioned as it supose to be. SO i will move it around,,,rotate it on plan and finaly i will put it where it must be to cut wall
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see my 3d win. I move my profile...change it size and place it in place. It will CUT my wall to my desire shape
step 11.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
section view

you see in section too that i placed PROFILE in place and its ready to cut my wall

Use your section, plan, 3d window to move and place at right place profile
Anonymous
Not applicable
step 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
end
Anonymous
Not applicable
3d

If you edit shape of your profile and wall will be cuted like that shape.
To edit your profile go to Complex profiles - Profile manager

REad about this...you will need it A LOT
It this case we use profile to cut wall...but you can use profiles to get different shapes and you can use them with WALL, Beam and culumn
I hope that you will be able to folow this steps and i hope that this helps you.

OFC this is stupid and archicad wall supose to be able to strech and edit just like archicad slab tool. This all is workaround

im too tired and heading to my bed. GN . . .