Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

How to inject ALL fill properties

Charles C
Participant

Hi community, 

I'm wondering how could inject properties of a fill (hatch) that I just modified manually its scale to another hatch. it seems that a normal inject properties did not transfert that information.

Thanks, 

C.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Charles,

Thank you for raising this topic! And thank you, Karl, for reporting this to us!

This is indeed a bug that goes back to at least Archicad 24 and it has not been reported previously. I registered it as DEF-15810 in our database and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Kind Regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Karl Ottenstein

I believe this is a bug.   If a fill has a 'custom distortion' geometry method selected in its settings, that as well as everything else is transferred to the other fill... except the scale along each axis associated with the distortion.  I'm reporting this to tech support.

Below is a rotated and distorted grid fill on the left ... which, when injected into the fill on the right - which was something totally different, results in what is shown.  Rotation and fill are correct on the right, but the resized/distortion along each of the rotated fill axes is not transferred.  AC 26 (latest build), Apple ARM, MacOS Ventura.  I'm pretty sure that this worked fine many years ago.

Screenshot 2023-08-26 at 8.14.55 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Solution
Oleksandra Vakariuk
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Charles,

Thank you for raising this topic! And thank you, Karl, for reporting this to us!

This is indeed a bug that goes back to at least Archicad 24 and it has not been reported previously. I registered it as DEF-15810 in our database and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Kind Regards,

Oleksandra Vakariuk

Technical Support Engineer