cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Hatching in plan view

Zendrix
Participant

Hi!

Im new to archicad and starting to get a grip on the best mechanincs and practices.

Say we have a slab in plan view, which has a wood finish on public area and a ceramic tile finish on a bathroom: I have seen people using fills as recurrent pratice to populate the floor finish info, going around with the fill option, selecting all cornners witha  polyline and using it as an Autocad method, per say.

My question is: isnt the idea of archicad to be as effective as possible and the best way should be to have 2 different hatches already set on the slab finish properties so once you choose a plan view, its all there already done for you? I dont get the advantage of archicad if we still have to fill our floors with paralell hatches to represent a wood floor.

Thanks,

Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon

You are correct, fills over Slabs is not the workflow.

Read in the manual about Cover Fills.

Basically you will have 2 slabs with the same Building Material and different Cover Fills (one with the one defined by BMat and the other as a Surface Override)

EduardoRolon_0-1729261628801.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator