Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to load 5th facade?

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can i properly load 5th facade view?
12 REPLIES 12
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
That is very little information you are providing. 5th facade? What is that?
If you want help, you should describe your issue in as much detail as possible.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Eduardo Rolon
I think that this might be a SPAM account. Always ask one almost "coherent" question and never follows up.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
We will see, he posted 3 other questions this week that seemed sensible.
Eduardo Rolon
and none have replies so if in a few days there are no answers then we can ban the account.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Daut wrote:
How can i properly load 5th facade view?

You would probably want to use the 3D Docuent tool as part of how you generate such views. The reason for that is because to generate the type of images I think you want will require adding content that is not coming from within ArchiCAD. In fact, the images/views you generate for this with ArchiCAD will probably be exported for use in Photoshop what the rest of what you need to do can be accomplished more efficiently. However, if you do want to do most or all of it with ArchiCAD it is not impossible.

For the sake of those who don't know what The 5th Façade. is - it is basically a reference to the often neglected top layer of Cities: roof tops. It may also refer to landscapes on other parts of buildings, vertical framing... that sort of thing. Example: https://olsonkundig.com/projects/the-5th-facade-project/
the video there is an interesting fantasy that incorporates the 5th Façade.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve wrote:
For the sake of those who don't know what The 5th Façade. is - it is basically a reference to the often neglected top layer of Cities: roof tops.

Thanks, I forgot the meaning of this expression.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
Just for the record Im not spamming, just begginer in Archicad completing project.

Fifth facade - (fifth elevation) it is view from the top (elevation from the top), but only of object without surrondings (not to be confused with site view) and in project it goes after 4 elevations, in my country it required drawing in project, this name is used in Balkans and I thought that is same in English.

I thought that there is an option in Archicad, besides site view to get so called fifth facade , so i posted the question. Here is example for so called 5th facade
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
OK, so, in ARCHICAD this is usually the Roof Plan and you create it in the Floor Plan Viewpoint.
Alternately, you can generate a Top View in your 3D Viewpoint and then create a 3D Document based on that, it may also be good for your purposes.

Based on the image you posted, I would just create a new Story named "Flat Roof" or something and do it in the Floor Plan Viewpoint.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the answer, can i change height of floor plan cut for just one floorplan or it automaticly applies to all floor plans?