cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make 2d line drawing from perspective!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi lovely ArchiCad users!

I must say, i am totally new in Archicad, normally i use rhino, but for a project i have an archicad file, and i just need a specific tool to get 2d line drawings from the perspective.
I already searched forums, and found out that, on my camera view, i should select the perspective drawing, and then make Strg+Alt+Z. In oder words, Edit--Reshape--Explode into current View.
But somehow (?) on my computer i am not allowed to click on this comment, it is not active, its shown as grey text, not black.
I searched more, and learned, it can be caused because the program is in OpenGL 3D Engine, so some says it should be in internal 3D Engine.

So i try it with both modes, either internal or openGL, it doesn't work. I am not able to click on this comment.

Why is it so? How can i get 2D Vector Lines out of my perspective? Any Ideas?

Thank you so much!

ps i am using AC 18, on Windows 7
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
It is not possible to eplode 3D elements in a 3D view because you will be left with lines and you can't use lines in 3D.

There are two ways to do what you want.

Open the 3D view as you would like it then right mouse click and you will see an option for 'New 3D document from 3D...'
This will create a new flat 3D document but be aware the 3D elements are still linked to the real 3D elements - so they won't be lines just yet.
But you can now copy and paste these elements and they will become lines.

Or you can just place a 2D marquee around your 3D elements.
Copy (CTRL-V).
In the dialogue box choose 'Scaled Drawing'.
Now you can paste this in any 2D window.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
hatiHO:

One other option is to change the 3D Window to Vectorial 3D Engine and Hidden Line, then Save As... and choose the ArchiCAD 2D Lines format option.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14