Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to use Wall End tool in Complex Profile (wall)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Friends,
I have made a complex profile (wall), but having a problem while I am trying to apply the 'wall end tool'. (See Fig-1)
It's not working. I am worried this tool doesn't work in Complex profile.
Can you guys help me with this issue?
6 REPLIES 6
Hello avishiplu,

I know it possible to do it with wall end tool but I use to create my own custom column complex.
Perhaps you should try to disconnect these two walls because wall end tool is made for single wall.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
DGSketcher
Legend
The most reliable way to generate a Wall End to a CP wall is to take the profile of your CP and create another CP wall that works as a wall end profile.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Christophe wrote:
Hello avishiplu,

I know it possible to do it with wall end tool but I use to create my own custom column complex.
Perhaps you should try to disconnect these two walls because the wall end tool is made for a single wall.
Hello Christophe
My Complex wall is made of 3 layers. I didn't get your idea on the column. I just need my complex wall will end smoothly. Right now the layer are exposed.
Can you please be more elaborative. Why do I need to disconnect walls, which is a part of the complex profile?

Sincerely
Avi
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
take the profile of your CP and create another CP wall that works as a wall end profile.
Dear DGSketcher
Thanks for ur suggestion. Can you please be more elaborative.
DGSketcher
Legend
@avishiplu. The wall end tool works quite happily with Composite Profiles as they are typically rectangular and predictable. With Complex Profiles Archicad gives the flexibility to create shapes that in section can be random and broken into parts, so asking the wall end tool to determine what the user wants as an end cap is a bit of a tall order. I suggest you copy the contents of your wall complex profile to a new complex profile and then edit those shapes to create an end cap profile with the materials you want. In your model you can then use this new profile as an end cap by extending your wall with the new profile.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Lingwisyer
Guru
If your wall is symmetrical or flat on one side, you could try using a segmented column?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660