Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I need to create a radial paving pattern with concrete pavers in Archicad. How can I achieve this?

Teodora994
Newcomer

I am working for a company that specializes in patterned landscaping and paving. I need to create a radial paving pattern with concrete pavers in Archicad. How can I achieve this? I have tried using radial fill, it only make the fill strech. I used the radial fill in Archicad, but it only stretched the fill, and the dimensions of the concrete paver blocks were not uniform. This is the image where I have to put the fill.

Operating system used: Windows 10 !

1.png
1 REPLY 1

I don't think you will be able to get that in one fill, with you wanting to keep a consistent paver size.

You can do this using several fills, if you really want to hold on top the idea of using fills, otherwise is all line-work as far as I see it.

Even with the multiple fills, you will still have a distortion of the "paver size".

That being said, here is a solution for the multiple fill in short steps:

1 - Make the fill and save it as a cut fill.

2 - Make a material and apply that fill as "fit to skin"

3 - Make a composite that uses the material in the true width of your pavers

4 - Make walls that use that composite parallel to each other in the progression that you would want to see the pavers

5 - Cut all walls from the model space and past them into a worksheet.

6 - Delete all skin separators and other lines and keep only the fills of interest

7 - Modify "row by row" fill with the radial distort as needed for your application. This is never fun...

8 - Enjoy your fill collection.

Screenshot 2024-08-29 at 10.37.08 AM.png

I would stick with the 2D and array option...

Good luck!

AC 7-26 (current 27)
iMac 3.6 Ghz 10Core Intel Core i9 / 12b GB / AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB / Ventura 13.4
https://globularcreative.wixsite.com/home

Setup info provided by author