Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

I need to make a screened wall... suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm creating a screened in outside deck. But I can't find anywhere to make it. Any help?
6 REPLIES 6
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Make a Complex Profile (the horizontal battens are a simple complex profile in this example)

Or use a library object. The image below is of a simple object made following David Nicholson Cole's GDL Cookbook.

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that. But I'm referring to like a bug screen. Very small mesh.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
MROBINSO3 wrote:
I would do that as a wall and apply a texture that uses an alpha channel to create the holes in 3d and for 2d sections / elevs I would link the surface material to a 2d fill that looks like the mesh you are after
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
David Maudlin
Rockstar
MROBINSO3 wrote:
For this I duplicated the glass material and altered its color and transparency to be similar to a screen material. I wouldn't use an alpha channel texture, the holes are too small. I place simple window openings in a wall, and assign the screen material to the "glass" of the openings to create the screen porch walls. Then as fuzzytnth3 suggests, use a vectorial fill for elevations.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Rick Thompson
Expert
Rather than try to describe how I make screen, I'll post screens shots. This is in 17, but 16 etc is similar. I use a dedicated composite. Make sure you have transparency selected in 3D. I place post with a beam at the top, and a rail at the bottom, then run the screen like any other wall.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Rick Thompson
Expert
Sorry, I should have used the internal engine for the rendering... but you do get a shade difference with OpenGL too.
Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 1.57.25 PM.png
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display