Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Importing files Background color is showing up as black

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this contestant graphic problem with a file that I am working on.

Any fill that is used and set to background color shows up as black on the layout pages. I have checked all my model view settings and have set up different schemes for each drawing on one sheet and they all look the same when viewing my layout. I have attached a sample of what i see when viewing my layout in this file.

ArchiCAD will not call me to discuss but they keep on telling me that it is a model view setting and that is all that they tell me. I have been going back and forth wit them since november last year. I am very positively sure that this is not the case. Even when i put a fill on the layout page, if it is set to background color it comes up black. Has anyone else come across this problem?

Is there a way to set the background color in the layouts?

I have refrained from starting the project from scratch. Is there a way to import a project into a new file without referencing it. I am thinking that the old school way of thinking of getting all the information into a new file would work. But there is a lot of detail in this project and to manually cut and paste things will be a big hassle.

Things that I have tried:

Merging the files but it still references the old drawing, so If i try to access it it opens up another window of archicad and takes this to me.

Attaching an x-ref but then i loose all my layouts and settings.

Thankyou,
Stressed ArchiCAD user
2 REPLIES 2
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This probably is not helpful but just throwing everything out there.

I created a fill, set to Background Fill and everything worked fine in project, view and layout. Then I went to menu View>Grid Options>Grids & Background to change my background to black. The fill did not automatically update, remained white. Had to open the Fill settings and change the fill background pen manually to black or none at all. (You might want to try setting the background fill pen to none Ø, see if they become transparent).

Conclusion: Background Fill has no relationship to that is actually associative to the actual background. Misleading.

Have you tried playing with the display order of the fills? Edit>Display Order

Have you tried using another similar fill to Background Fill such as Air Space, 2x Steel Framing, 2x Wood Framing or Wood Truss?
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
dhaval7shah
Newcomer
Any fill that is used and set to background color shows up as black on the layout pages. I have checked all my model view settings and have set up different schemes for each drawing on one sheet and they all look the same when viewing my layout
If you already checked the 'model view settings' and set that for for the placed drawing its fine;
Also check in the 'Drawing selection setting' dialogue box,
> the 'pen set' for the placed drawing
> the 'colors' settings should not be set to 'black & white'
I am sure one of these would be the reason of the problem.
Dhaval Shah
Upto AC 22
iMacs and MacBookPros: Mac OS X (10.6 to 10.12, Intel core 2 Quad to i5, i7, 8 GB to 16GB)
Win 10, AMD Opteron 6-Core x 2, 16GB, FirePro W4100 2GB
& ThinkPad E550
& i7, 8GB