Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevation Markers - duplicated elevations

Bill
Contributor
We've got a Teamwork file that has about a dozen interior elevation markers placed so far. Both kinds of markers are used... the single/grouped tag and as well as the individual tag per view.

In the Project Map, each interior elevation contains duplicated views... For example, if there is a IE marker that is using only one elevation and the other three segments have been deleted, those elevations are still showing up in the Project Map; there are also duplicates of used and unused view segments listed.

If I try to delete the duplicated segment from within the Project Map, nothing happens.

If I drag a copy of the IE marker, it lists only the single view segment (as it's supposed to).

Anyone else experience this? How do I delete the duplicates? The intended interior elevations are already drawn and overlaid with 2D graphics and text so I don't want to go and make copies of all the IE markers and re-save all the views and re-link them to the appropriate layouts... but there's now probably at least 50 interior elevation views in the Project Map (and therefore cloned into the View Map) that are confusing to staff.

Thanks!

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Bill,

Based on your description I think you have ran into a known bug in ARCHICAD 20. The issue was that when you shared a project that contained Interior Elevation groups (which used to have 4 sides), but you deleted some of them, then the deleted sides reappeared in the project map (usually in green), but not in the floor plan.

This should already be fixed in the latest updates of ARCHICAD 20. Please make sure you have that installed. After installing the latest update, sharing should not cause this issue and these "phantom" IEs should go away. If for some reason they are still stuck, you should be able to get rid of them the following way (Turn those deleted Viewpoint markers back on offline, and reshare):

1. Download a PLN from your Project and open it
2. Select the Markers in the floor plan
3. Right-click on them and choose 'Restore All Interior Elevations in Group'
4. Reshare the project
5. Delete the restored IEs in the shared project now (so the sharing won't cause them to come back now)

I hope this will solve your problem! Good Luck!

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit