Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior Elevations-Techniques

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need some advice, suggestions, and comments regarding interior elevations.

The interior elevation drawing creation does not work as smooth and easy (in my opinion, from a 'newbie') as the exterior elevation and section generation abilities do. I need advice-

What is the best, or most efficient, or just a fool-proof way to utilize the development and placement of interior elevations into plotmaker? I placed bugs, created the interior elevations, and pasted them into the floor plan (I could not find a way to get a 'blank' elevation window open for this....). Then, I saved the view in my View Sets, as say 'Staff Toilet'...but...it's great in that I now have all 4 walls elevated of my toilet room. I don't see any other solution to get my other rooms labeled and such, unless I save another view, under another name (janitor, per say)...then in plotmaker, to insert all of these 'views', which are nothing more than the floor plan, over and over again, in order to take advantage of the automatic title numbering and labelling....is there a more efficient, or more 'bone-head' if you will, way to do this??? How are others in the industry dealing with generation and plotting of interior elevations? Any and ALL comments are so welcome at this point!

Thanks-
Kathleen
3 REPLIES 3
Vitruvius
Booster
I find the Section / Elevation tool is far better for producing interior elevations. Just do an S/E with the bottom set at the floor and the top at the ceiling.

To get the floor plan room elevation bubble all you have to do is:

1. In the S/E Tool Settings window just click the radio button that says 'elevation' (and pick the marker you desire under the 'Marker' window.)

2. In the floor plan set the Options/Display Options/Section Marker to 'as in settings'. That'll give you a room elevation marker you can move around without messing up the Elevation.

Cheers
Cameron Hestler, Architect
Archicad 27 / Mac Studio M1 Max - 32 GB / LG24" Monitors / 14.5 Sonoma
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I also use the section/elevation tool for our interiors.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Hi Kathleen!

Please be aware that we have a Search function in ArchiCAD-Talk, that usually provides good results.

It's up there ^ at the top of the page. This topic was discussed very recently:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=5147

Good to see you online. Hope all is going well up in Montana.

Cheers,
Link.