Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is it possible to show cladding outerlines in 3D&elevations?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.

Task: I have some cladding on my facade, which I want to make visible by showing the separation between the one panel and the other. The only way I can see doing it, is to create a gap between them. Is it possible to make it without doing it? Because now it looks like a one plain wall...Will really appreciate some advice.

Check also the screenshot file.

Thank you.
Lia

ArchiCAD panel facade.png
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
For horizontal joins in your wall you could use a Complex Profile wall modelling the joins into your profile.

For vertical joins you can place small columns and use a Solid Element Operation to cut them from the wall (and hide the layer the columns are on).
You could do this with beams also for the horizontal joins.

Or you could make up a frame from a curtain wall and use that in a SEO so you can do the horizontal and vertical all in one go. It may also be easier to manipulate the curtain wall scheme if your panel sizes change.

Or you can use a wall accessory to do it.
The advantage of this is it will always match your wall and will allow for door and window openings.
You need to install the accessories add-on (downloads in the HELP menu) and then find an accessory object. I don't think the default Graphisoft accessories will do what you want.
But maybe CadImage have something and there was one made for James Hardie products that may be on there website (although that could just be an Australian thing).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. Will look for tutorials.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm only starting with AC19 so I'm not sure how surfaces work yet and I'm not exactly sure what your doing in your pic but if you're doing what I think your doing then all you have to do is duplicate the material you are using with the cladding enough times so you have enough separate materials to assign to each of the panels so no two panels are touching each other with the same material.

When two panels are the same material , AC heals them together so they look like one piece. But if you use separate materials, even though they have the same surface and cut fills and whatever, then AC won't heal them and will draw their contour lines.
Barry Kelly
mbeam wrote:
When two panels are the same material , AC heals them together so they look like one piece. But if you use separate materials, even though they have the same surface and cut fills and whatever, then AC won't heal them and will draw their contour lines.
This is true but means you must model each panel as a separate wall.

All fine but it becomes difficult when you want to place doors and windows in the wall - they will only belong to one panel and won't cut the others.
So you have to place empty openings in the other panels to cut the holes.
Then it gets a bit messy if you need to move or resize a door/window.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
It was a good advice to use curtain wall. But now i am wondering if I can edit distances between panels because now they are all equal. for example, if I need one raw of panels to be 3m long and 1 row 6 m long, how to do it?
Is that even possible suing curtain walls?
Barry Kelly
I am not an expert with curtain walls as I hardly use them.
But they have a 'scheme' which is the basic repeating pattern.
But then you should be able to add or delete frames wherever you want.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I will bake you a cake Barry! Thanks for help