cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is there a way to permanently link a trace?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a way to permanently link a trace to a view maps settings?
11 REPLIES 11
Gerald Hoffman
Advocate
Thomas wrote:
I want this to work, consistently, throughout Archicad, which I (despite this) think is still the most useful and clever digital work tool for architects.
I'm not convinced adding another consistency wish to the list will change things. I'm sure enough people at Graphisoft are aware of this. I'm just hoping that those who see the user needs will prevail among the politicians within Graphisoft's bureaucracy.
Hear hear !!

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-6000 USA
2019 MacBook Pro-macOS 15.0 (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thomas wrote:
laszlonagy wrote:
Barry is right.
Look, Lazlo, I know he's right. And you're right that it's a legacy thing. I've been with this crowd long enough to see that.
I've realized I ought to rephrase to clarify my thoughts a little, but it's too late to edit my previous post, so here I am again:

What I'm really asking for is consistency.

The Navigator's Project Map lists Viewpoints - so they should be treated as such. All alike. (What am I seeing?)
Better: Where am I looking?
I'm looking at a floor - fine! (I've waited many years for the ability to open several floor plan views at once. Still waiting. Despite - how many? - advertised "complete rewrites").

And the View Map lists Saved Views, that is, how, layers 'n all, I want the viewpoint to look.
How am I seeing it?
Fine! But all views should work alike.

I want this to work, consistently, throughout Archicad, which I (despite this) think is still the most useful and clever digital work tool for architects.
I'm not convinced adding another consistency wish to the list will change things. I'm sure enough people at Graphisoft are aware of this. I'm just hoping that those who see the user needs will prevail among the politicians within Graphisoft's bureaucracy.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1