cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Issues with modeling in 3d - height stretch - AC27

tomyg
Enthusiast

Hey all, 

Having issues with using the 'stretch height' command in 3D. It seems to jam up the program, the only way to fix the issue is click off along the top bar of the window and then back into the working space. 

Seems to be happing across the board with this command in 3d - not just isolated to cabinets. 

the X marks where i need to click to get it back. This is the same across a team of 8. 

AC27 - height stretch.jpg

23 REPLIES 23
Vaclav Slovak
Booster

Please solve this bug, its already really long time since we need this to be OK. We really dont need slow and memory heavy AI visualiser, but we need fast working software. Thanks.

VRantanen
Contributor

I have noticed same problem already in AC26. AC25 is last version without this problem..Object height could be stretched in earlier Archicad versions easily, but in the newer versions AC freezes and shows zero height. This happens even with the most simple block object as well as with objects in Graphisoft library. I notice that Graphisoft have added dynamic (red) hotspots to their objects, so I am guessing they are aware of the problem and have solved it that way. If it is not possible to fix the problem, please take the height stretch option away from the pet palette.

It definitely causes a long delay in 27 (seems like a freeze but it just very slow to respond).

I notice also in sections/elevations as well as 3D.

The moving hotspots do help.

The good thing is I just checked in 28 Tech Preview and it all seems good there.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Vaclav Slovak
Booster

PLEASE REPAIR THIS ANNOYING ERROR, i really need to stretch objects in 3d and this is not working for a year.. where is the fix??

ryejuan
Advisor

What I noticed is that when you selected a bunch of the same elements and you want to stretch the height it works like there's no issue but if it's a single element it goes hay wire.

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Ok, but we need solid solution, not some punk stuff.. 😞 

VRantanen
Contributor

It seems that in AC28 this problem is fixed, so it affected AC26 and AC27 versions only.

I was excited that this would be solved in version 28. But no. The same error continues. It only works by selecting another object. Oh yeah, it works without any problem. 

I thought it was solved in 28 - IT WAS NOT! 

Hi, please is there a possiblity to finally solve this bug? 

when i want stretch the height of 3D object, Archicad freezes. The problem started in 27, It was unsolved for a year and in new version 28 - problem again. It is a high priortity error!

Operating system used: Windows