Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Keyboard Shortcuts: Mac (Control-I and Control-C)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office has always used Control-I for "intersect" and Control-C for "fillet". We have not been able to set those using the Work Environment dialog box in ArchiCAD 9 (mac:usa). It seems those are reserved keystrokes within the application now. Control-I tabs you from field to field in the tools settings dialog box and Control-C close a tool settings dialog box. They do not appear in the list of Shortcuts under "Non-customizable shortcuts" that we can print out, but they sure seem to be acting that way.

Can anyone confirm that these are reserved, or is there a way to override them and preserve our familiar method of intersecting and filleting?
2 REPLIES 2
Balazs Simonyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Ted wrote:
Can anyone confirm that these are reserved, or is there a way to override them and preserve our familiar method of intersecting and filleting?
Hi!

I asked a Mac "expert" and we figured out that the problem is not with ArchiCad, but with your system preferences. There are two "skins" for OSX and they have different shortcuts.
You can change Your "skin" (I don't know the exact name of it) or you can set up the system preferences, and that can solve Your problem!
(Or there is a key combination, that I can't remember, wich override your system shortcuts while you set up AC's.)
__archiben
Booster
also see here:

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=22328&highlight=keyboard+shortcuts#22328

for a possible workaround . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup