Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

LEVELS NOT SHOWING IN VIEWPORTS

Llian
Advocate
i had it before but i can't remember where ... the levels are missing from the viewports....help please!

Picture 3.png
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Llian wrote:
i had it before but i can't remember where ... the levels are missing from the viewports....help please!
use search in archicad help man ! type story levels and dont be lazy and dont spam when 90 % of your problems can be solved by searching archicad help ! That should be your first lesson ! YOu will find pictures too !

Story Level Lines indicate the vertical location of stories in Sections, Elevations and Interior Elevations.
Story Levels can be set to appear in Section/Elevation/IE views. In this case, each story level line included in the Section/Elevation/IE range will appear in the window.
The story line markers are library parts. The Story Marker parameters and position can be edited in Section/Elevation/IE Settings dialog boxes.
For more information, see Section Story Levels Panel
Show/Hide Story Level Lines in Section/Elevation/IE
For each individual Section/Elevation/Interior Elevation, you can hide, show and/or output Story Level Lines.
To set these options, open the Section/Elevation/IE Settings Dialog box, go to the Story Levels panel, and use the “Show Story Levels” pop-up.

Note: It is possible to turn off story level line display on a story-by-story basis. Go to Design > Story Settings, and for any selected story, uncheck the “Story Level Line” box. This story’s level line will henceforth not appear in any model window in the project.

Edit Story Levels

You can edit the elevation of any given story or set of stories using Story Editing Mode:
1) Choose the Design > Edit Story Levels command, or the same command from the context menu that appears by right-clicking inside the Section window.

2) The Story Editing Mode palette appears. As long as the palette remains open on screen, you are in Story Editing mode and can move the story level lines.

3) Choose a mode from this palette by clicking one of the four buttons:

• Adjust only the selected story

• Adjust the selected story and all stories below

• Adjust the selected story and all stories above

• Adjust all stories

4) Move the cursor onto the Story Level Line you wish to move. The cursor will assume the Mercedes shape. (Make sure you move the cursor onto the line itself, not the markers at either end.) Click and drag the story level line to edit its elevation.

5) Click OK to apply changes and exit Story Editing Mode.

The elements that are on the given stories will retain their elevation respective to their home story, as you will see when the view is updated after you click OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Llian
Advocate
what an opening line...'spam'.........what are you afraid of? you know your stuff and kind enough to reply to absolute beginner. anyways, thanks.
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA | CAPM | PMP
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!