Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Layers to Prevent Intersections

Zdenko
Enthusiast

hello - trying to figure out why my layers don't keep the "prevent intersection" values? i changed some of the element layers with either 1, 2 or even 3 but for some reason those values always revert back to 1.

on a side note the dam "labels" is a pain! i have been sitting here for the past 7 minutes; 43 seconds trying to send this post! i know this is going to get kicked elsewhere but c'mon!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Patrick M
Advisor

you need to update teh layer combo with the new value. try selecting the layer (right column), then changing the value in the various layer combos in the left column. Or if you are making multiple udpates to a single layer combo, select the combo (left column), edit all the various visibliity/intersection/locking/wireframe settings of all layers (right column), then click the update button below the left column.

If you are only changing the value and clicking "OK", you are setting your layer combo to custom. Then when you go to the view map or layout, it is still using the stored view settings previously applied.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DaniMunthali
Contributor

Hi,

Consider the layer combinations as a save-state / screenshot of all layer conditions, including intersections priorities, visibility etc. Intersection priorities are not an absolute state, but rather conditions that can be varied within same project, for different views for example.

So, with your intersection priorities set as you would want them, update your current layer combinations, or save as a new layer combination and apply it to the relevant views.

Regards

Solution
Patrick M
Advisor

you need to update teh layer combo with the new value. try selecting the layer (right column), then changing the value in the various layer combos in the left column. Or if you are making multiple udpates to a single layer combo, select the combo (left column), edit all the various visibliity/intersection/locking/wireframe settings of all layers (right column), then click the update button below the left column.

If you are only changing the value and clicking "OK", you are setting your layer combo to custom. Then when you go to the view map or layout, it is still using the stored view settings previously applied.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

aaahhh! that's what i was missing! did not realize that is also tied into layer combos. that means i have several combos to update sheez. thank you 4dProof!

Sonoma 14.4.1

thank you DaniMunthali

Sonoma 14.4.1
Patrick M
Advisor

NP, glad to help.

You can also check the view index (project map > indexes > view list); that will give you all view settings for all views in the view map. I use that to check that no views have missing or custom settings (particularly an issue with layer combinations in the view map)

@Zdenko wrote:

that means i have several combos to update sheez.

Just select the layer on the right side of the layer settings dialogue and then adjust the number in the combinations on the left side.

You can even select multiple combinations and change them all at once.

You don't even need to press the update button if you do it that way - just OK button.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author