Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Use Layers to Prevent Intersections - a defect Exception for Level 0

Radim
Contributor

Hello Graphisoft,

after I switched to ArchiCAD 27 - CZE I found that exception for Level 0 does not work in Sections. I solved the same problem in ArchiCAD 23 - an update helped. In ArchiCADs 24-26 there was not such a problem with it.

When is the new update of  ArchiCAD 27 - CZE planned? Will the defect be fixed?

Thank you for your answer in advance and have a nice day.

Best regards

Radim

Operating system used: Windows 21H2

9 REPLIES 9
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

So, if I understand correctly, you say that an element is on a Layer with a Layer Intersection Group Number of 0, yet, the element still intersects with other elements in Section?

Can you be a bit more specific? What element types are involved? Can you show screenshots of the situation, maybe another screenshot of the Layer Settings Dialog?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for your response.

The problem is with the GDL library objects . Two separate objects are OK. The problem is inside the library object. The objects are composed of cprism_ and prism_. 

I am attaching PrtScr. I had a similar problem with version 23 (Level 0.jpg).

Thank you very much for your help
Radim

26.jpg

27.jpg

Level 0.jpg

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

The Layer Intersection Group Number has no effect on what is happening inside a GDL Library Part.

What I see on these screenshots is that certain geometries within the Library Part are merged in Section in Ac27, while they are not merged in Ac26. This is usually due to modeling/scripting accuracy. Generally, in Sections, if two geometries touch and their Building Material/Cut Fill is the same, their Fills will be merged.

So, my guess is that the script of the Library Part was changed between Ac26 and Ac27. In Ac27 the script is so that the geometries touch and so the fills are merged, and you do not see the division line.

I think the GDL  Script could be changed so that the geometries not touch, in which case it would generate a division line in Section. However, changing the script requires GDL knowledge.

My guess is that the developers changed it for a reason, maybe some users requested it. And now those users are happy, while you are not happy with the new way.

Is there any way you can use the Ac26 versions in Ac27?

The library elements are identical. The settings of elements, cuts, layers, ... are the same. It is the same project. Only real difference is in the opening of Ac 26 and Ac 27. The script of the library elements was not changed.

The layer intersection group number=0 in the Ac26 has effect on what is shown a GDL library element -  in the Ac27 has no effect on what is shown a GDL library element.

Lingwisyer
Guru

What object is this?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Are you saying that you are using, let us say, "Cabinet 26" in both Ac26 and Ac27 and they are giving different results?

Or are you using, let us say, "Cabinet 26" in Ac26 and "Cabinet 27" in Ac27?

I'm using custom library programming elements in gdl code. This problem is also with the original elements (Cabinets).

I'm using "Cabinet 26" in both Ac26 and Ac27 and they are giving different results.

Radim
Contributor

Current update installed.

The problem remains.

I feel it's a shame that I still have to work with version 26!

What's the point of paying for updates?

Best regards

Radim

Setup info provided by author