Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layout pen set?

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
i have a question, which is the pen set for the layout? I want to make a key plan that is a floor plan with a specific pen set, and then draw on the layout a rectangle that marks a portion of the floor plan. The problem is that when i select the pen set for the drawing and then i try to draw the line on the layout, i have to choose one pen from those of the pen set of the drawing. Is there a way to change this? The layout doesn't have its own pen set.
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

You can change the pen sets in the layouts. You don't have to use the same ones as in your storys.

To change this, just select another pen set from the list in the Pen Sets menu (Attributes Toolbar).

Hope this helps
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
unfortunately it doesn't... i know i can change the pen sets of the drawings, the question is which pen set is used when drawing directly on the layout...
to illustrate what i want to do i have attached a jpg, the margin on the key plan is drawn directly on the layout after the drawing is inserted. I want the line to be red and thick, but when i draw it i can only select from the pens of the pen set that the drawing has and i cannot change this.
04 287-1001-0 _ Layout.jpg
TomWaltz
Participant
When you have a Layout as your active window, just pick whatever Pen Set you want. It is independent of the Pen Set in the plans, sections, etc.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can do exactly as Tom has said. While in the layout environment, go to the options menu / element attributes / pens and colors and chose the pen set you want to use. You can create as many new pen sets as you want. Beware that this will change all of the pens used in the layout environment which includes everything drawn on the master sheets. You might create a dedicated pen that is only used for this thick red border so all the rest of the pens used in the layout environment remain as black and white. In addition, different layouts are not tied to layer combinations in any way so be careful what layer you put elements on that you draw in the layout environment. My recommendation is the Archicad layer. Do a quick search in the manual on pen sets if you are unclear as to this procedure.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
thanks guys i was going mad on this!