Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Library objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
one thing that i just can't seem to beable to do is this:
TURN OFF the fill/back ground fill in plan for a library object. some times i use the fill tool to create fills to designate areas on a plan and the library objects always pop through this fill. i want them to be transparent. to only have their contour lines. to in their traspaneny pick up the fill of the tool fill.

I have tried every setting imaginable and i can't turn the fills off. i've set background fills to transparent, to whinte, to empty. nothing works.

I know i can turn the fills on the library parts to the fill color i'm using bu thats tedious and sometimes the part is cut in half by the fill.

what is the answer?
is there an answer?

donald mac donald
2 REPLIES 2
Petros Ioannou
Booster
try transparent colour for background fill

HTH

Petros
ArchiCAD 22 4023 UKI FULL,
Archicad 21 6013 UKI FULL, ArchiCAD 20 8005 UKI FULL
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017
4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB
Anonymous
Not applicable
The global settings for fills will only change the way they appear in archicad. They will not get rid of the fill which is what I think you want to do.

If the object has the option to remove the fill then that is your best option. You can set the defaults so they are off all the time. If you don't have the option to turn the fill off you may need to add one which is not too difficult. If you want instructions let me know & I will post them.

Other than change the actual fill to match as you have been doing there are not alot of other options as far as I know.

Julia