Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

MEP 27 - The New Feature that never happened

DGSketcher
Legend

Can someone from Graphisoft please step up and own the current abject failure to deliver the renewed MEP Modeller?

Today I joined the many others who have had to return to using AC26 in order to deliver on our MEP commitments.

We all pay out for GS to deliver improvements to AC, yet here we are 7 months later with a key feature broken & software we can't use. Can someone at least tell us what we can expect in terms of delivery of fixing this MEP debacle and when?

It's bad enough struggling with the 3D screen "grey outs", and the disappointment of new features that suddenly became experimental, but finding a fundamental tool is no longer useable... 🙄

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
156 REPLIES 156
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast

Hi, I would like to know how can we set the variation of the section of an Air Duct to take place at a side of the duct and not at the center as seems to be the default setting that doesn't seem it can be changed. At least I did not find any setting for this.

I'm attaching an image to illustrate what I want to achieve.

Screenshot 2024-05-27 at 4.04.32 PM.png

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL

Hello @Achille Pavlidis ,

In the upcoming version, a new feature will allow you to select any edge from the duct.

Thank you!

Hi @Lina-Zouaghi,

You mean next version 28 or next update for 27? Which is happening earlier?

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

@Mahmoud Qenawi This feature will be available in version 28.

@Lina-Zouaghi Really?! I was sure you meant the next hotfix!

We have to wait for AC28 to have this very basic function, that was available until AC26? 

We literally never design air ducts that do not keep one side constant!

Basically the new MEP is useless, this is utter disappointment

Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL

@Lina-Zouaghi Are junctions (not take-offs) going to be available through favorites? Right now, every time it becomes a junction, even though I don't have insulation on, it still turns the insulation on and ignores all parameters. I have to manually change them every time.

vdentello_0-1720811491212.png

Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil

hello @vdentello 

In AC28,  junctions settings will automatically follow the route settings(insulation, flange...), there is no longer a need to manually adjust the settings each time.