Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Making Doors as Dashed Lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Im doing a ceiling plan and we're meant to have the doors as dashed lines (school project), I cant see an option for the line type of the doors, any ideas?

Thanks,
Lachlan

Doors.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Lachlan:

In the Door's Settings > Floor Plan & Section > Symbol & Outline > uncheck Enable Object's Linetypes, then change the Symbol Line to a dashed linetype. But there is no way to automate this change, so it will have to be done manually as you change between Ceiling Plan and Architectural Plan.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great, thanks for your help David.
David wrote:
But there is no way to automate this change, so it will have to be done manually as you change between Ceiling Plan and Architectural Plan.
David, providing that you don't need to combine a demo plan with the existing/new, I'll bet it could be done "automatically" with renovation filters.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Richard wrote:
providing that you don't need to combine a demo plan with the existing/new, I'll bet it could be done "automatically" with renovation filters.
Yes, if the Renovation Filters are not being used, this could be a solution.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
And another idea:

Select walls and doors in plan view and convert to 2D linework and change everything to a single layer with dashed linetype. Then you could place it "behind" everything else using display order.

Or: Create a .MOD file, and change everything to dashed, then put behind in the plan, or behind as a view in the layout. (You can "stack" views here.)

Or: See if your instructor will accept a light grey version rather than dashed. Then you could use a dedicated penset.

Probably another couple of ways if I think about it.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10