cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Masonry hatch, non-orthogonal>off-grid walls

Trying to use the material hatch to make the joints in elevations on CMU (concrete block) masonry walls in a building with non-orthogonal (and therefore off-grid) walls, the first problem I find is that the hatch seems to have a single origin for all walls and therefore cannot be adjusted to each off-grid wall.

Because the walls are non-orthogonal and are not always parallel to the section/elevation line, a fill won't do the job either. The model is rather complicated and using 2D lines all over the elevations with walls in any possible angle relative to the section/elevation plane would suck considerably.

I am thinking of attempting a window object to draw the CMUs as 3D lines on the walls. Is there a better way?
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
Ignacio wrote:
the first problem I find is that the hatch seems to have a single origin for all walls and therefore cannot be adjusted to each off-grid wall.
no - the origin and direction of the vectorial hatching can be set differently for each individual wall. use the 'align 3D texture' commands in your Edit menu . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
~/archiben wrote:
the origin and direction of the vectorial hatching can be set differently for each individual wall. use the 'align 3D texture' commands in your Edit menu
Ahahah! I had always avoided 3D hatching and never got acquainted with that one. Great. Thanks. I have a lot more weekend ahead of me then.