Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh Disappeared

Anonymous
Not applicable
While adjusting multiple points on a mesh it suddenly disappeared. ArchiCAD crashed & when I opened up the saved pln all the work I had done for three hours was gone. I've read that the mesh can be buggy with too many SEO's (foundations, footings & slabs). I've got a lot. I am trying it again. This time I have split the mesh into 4 sections so each one will not be that complex. Anyone have any advice? Similar problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Jack,
I avoid using SEO operations with the mesh as much as possible.
If the foot print of your building is not too complicated, Create a Hole in the mesh instead of using multiple SEO's operations.
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Anonymous
Not applicable
Conrado,
Thanks for your comments. I've seen how the mesh & SEO can be buggy. I was trying to calculate the cubic volume of the mesh before & after construction in order to set the elevation of the building to equal the cut & fill needed on the site. This would have been very helpful for a "BIM" application. I wish it worked. Splitting the site mesh into 4 pieces did help, however, this should not be the work around that is required. Thanks again!