Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Constant display of Categories and Properties

hi all,

Any chance to get the Categories and Properties displayed constant?
like the ID or in a seperate window where you can directly click in the field without the need to open it before each time.

I know its a luxury "problem" but I prefer to click only 200 times for 200 attributes then 400 times 😉

thanks for any hint.

BR, Florian
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
5 REPLIES 5
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
With a schedule you would be able to fill out all the fields you define in schedule for the elements you define in the schedule. Or export it to excel, fill out in excel and import back.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
thx for the fast answer!

i was thinking of something more of a permanent open window with the properties just to click in without the need to change tab.
AC24 4018 INT, Win10, Quadro P2000, Xeon, BIMCloud
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Not that I'm aware of.

At the moment our workflow is: a lot of predefined favourites covering the basic elements of our buildings to have parameters set up sort of ok at the start and then fine tune with a schedule once the project is developed enough to know all the fine details to put in the categories/properties.

We also have some predefined rulesets to pick from, but it really requires going through a few menus and windows to get there.

The 'on the fly' method for us is the favourites I just mentioned, so when starting a new project we have those available as a basis for the new design. Just pick a precast concrete beam, for example, from the favourites, then adjust the dimensions if needed, but all our ussual required properties are set up.

You could of course, then change settings to wood, change layer, etc and use it to draw roof construction, but then you need to change all the other properties, so we try to work as much as possible from preset favourites.

It can be a bit tedious with some elements where it is just super quick to just change a small thing, change layer and to carry on, but if we know the project will be fully BIM, we accept a slower initial drafting stage for the benefit in the later stages of design.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Florian wrote:
thx for the fast answer!

i was thinking of something more of a permanent open window with the properties just to click in without the need to change tab.
+1 want this really a lot. we've put t&r early in the toolbox so it at least drops down...but the future means more and more entering of data and it would be a really welcome Work Environment feature.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
So it could be a palette like the Element Information palette, but for filling out the categories and properties.
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5