Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh & Level Dimension

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Is it possible to add a fix number (let say 200') automatically to the level of what the level tool picks. The mesh base would be at 0' elevation, this is to match the surveyors point level elevations.
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can set up a reference level in the "Options/Preferences/Working Units" and have the dimension tool recognize it in a section by choosing the "Dimension Origin" but I am unaware of any way to reference these heights in the plan view.

Would be a nice ability to have.
Anonymous
Not applicable
tprokop wrote:
Would be a nice ability to have.
Thanks,
Should it be Wish list item for plan capability?
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
It would receive a vote from me. Great for use on site plans and floor plans alike (Referencing grading and finish floor heights as well as bearing points) all the while keeping the base elevation the same.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the reference levels in the elevation dimension!! I am not sure this is what you are looking for but if so, Select the label of an elevation dimension you have already placed ( with gravity to mesh or roof or whatever). You can select the label seperatly from the actual marker. In the labels info box there is a small arrow with a drop down menu box. Select "AutoText". Another arrow and menu will appear to the right of the first, here you can pick a ref level to reference! This has always been a must have feature for site plans. I noticed if you place more elev dims you will have to set this setting for each, so set one and copy.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mark wrote:
This has always been a must have feature for site plans. I noticed if you place more elev dims you will have to set this setting for each, so set one and copy.
Wow what a TIP, my wish list was answered so immediately!! This should go on Tip & Tricks section. Trick is to edit one elevation on plan to a reference elevation and the drag/copy.
Thanks,
Joseph Harouni
Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone found out how to remove the text that says what reference level you ar at?

I dont mean mark the dimension and delete <L2value name> but remove it from the dimension script. ennoying to have to remove this every time you want å new cote
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use the reference levels in the elevation dimension!! I am not sure this is what you are looking for but if so, Select the label of an elevation dimension you have already placed ( with gravity to mesh or roof or whatever). You can select the label seperatly from the actual marker.
What I would like to see on the wish list is the ability to chose the reference level prior to placing the "elevation dimension". In the current state you need to select each individual text block, which to my knowledge, can't be done with find and select. It also makes discovering this valuable feature next to impossible unless you get it from a group such as this.