Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing 2D elements in Door

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am using mostly "D1 Int Door 81" for my interior doors. (the 2D and 3D Script have a Rem statement of "!!! D1 Int Door.gsm !!!")

As I work I am "losing" the display of the Door Trim & the door swing shows the door as only one line. Closing the File and re-opening seems to display the door properly.

The "Screen-shot" below show this happening to one of the doors in plan (usually it happens to all of them on all stories) The image is of the same door with the same preferences set. Any Idea why the trim is disappearing in 2D and the door is changing to a single line display?

Door Display.JPG
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Are you using the latest 8.1 library?

There were some problems in the earlier one, specifically with disappearing doors.

Check the support area for the download. I assume it is still available.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes , I believe it is the latest. I down loaded the "AC81-R2D-LIB-USA.zip" on July 13, 2004. It extracts to the Library pla file dated July 1, 2004.

The only change that I have made to my system in the past weeks is to install the ArchiStair and ArchiTerra Plug-ins.

Thanks always for your help Matthew.
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Jay,

Did you check the "Options" "2d Detail Level" under the door parameters to see if a cosmic ray or some other gremlin may have changed the level of detail? I've had things change that I would swear that I did nothing to make happen.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
This Display problems seems to have something to do with "Scale Sensitivity" Setting. In the door objects parameters under "Options" the default setting for the "2D Detail Level" seems to be set at Scale Sensitive.

I do not know where to set the scale to which the detail level changes, but most of the time in 1/4" = 1'-0" Detail is shown. If scale is changed the object seem to be "stuck" in low detail mode, even when scale is back at 1/4" = 1'-0".

The Scale sensitive option is nice but I doubt if it works properly......