Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing 3d Navigation Palette in AC9

Brad Elliott
Booster
Installed 9 om my Mac and have been unable to get the 3d Navigation Palette to show up. The old trick of hiding it and then showing it doesn't work either. Any suggestions?

Also, My library loading report window has the title bar off the monitor which I thought was impossible. Hiding it and re showing it doesn't work either.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try switching to a different workspace.
Brad Elliott
Booster
I did that and it showed up, but as soon as I switch back to mine it disappears again. Am I going to have to create my nifty workspace from scratch again?
M1 Macbook Pro
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brad wrote:
I did that and it showed up, but as soon as I switch back to mine it disappears again. Am I going to have to create my nifty workspace from scratch again?
Could be. I assume you've checked all the settings in your workspace.
Brad Elliott
Booster
Yes I have. In the process of trying to reset my workspace I have dicovered that the US standard paleette scheme 9 does not show the 3d Navigation palette. I based my custom layout on it. I guess I'll have to find one that works.
M1 Macbook Pro
Karl Ottenstein
Brad wrote:
Yes I have. In the process of trying to reset my workspace I have dicovered that the US standard paleette scheme 9 does not show the 3d Navigation palette. I based my custom layout on it. I guess I'll have to find one that works.
Actually, it does show, Brad ... but your screen resolution has to be set high enough, as the position in that default scheme is toward the lower right of the screen when the screen height is 1024 pixels (say a 1280 x 1024 resolution). If you have your res set to 1024 x 768, you are correct, the palette cannot be seen.

It does show up in some of the other default layouts ... or I can drag it in that one, save the layout, and post it here for download ... or if your screen allows you to temporarily boost the resolution, you can drag it and then readjust even from your saved and already customized scheme.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Brad Elliott
Booster
Yep, I started with a different palette layout and recreated mine. Amazing, half a dozen defaults and I have to create a custom one. It sure is fun learning new stuff.javascript:emoticon(':?'). They must be doing some serious code work though because Macs won't let the window go off the screen. This is the first time ever in my experience.

Apple's 15" Powerbook is 1280x854 and Graphisoft seems to have a hard time with that. I had menu problems in 8 but never completely off the screen.

Oh well, I suppose when I get that 17" G5 Powerbook all my problems will be over with.
M1 Macbook Pro