Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing Attributes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All:
Working in 19. I have missing attributes in a number of objects, ranging from windows to morphs (per find and select). When I click into one of these objects, I can't seem to find the missing attribute—morphs don't have many attributes anyway. Any idea where else to look?
13 REPLIES 13
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Open any of the elements Find & Select says is missing attributes and check all its fields and settings in its Settings Dialog. One of the fields should contain the "MISSING" value, which is the value you will have to set to a valid value.
You will have to do this with all such elements.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Laszlo:
I have tried this and can't find anything. I've toggled on all checkboxes to make sure every attribute is showing and still nothing is shown as "MISSING."

Is there a way I can share the file with you to have a look?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
If you put it on Dropbox and PM me the URL I will take a look.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
For anyone following this thread:
I have forwarded this issue to Graphisoft because after quite some searching I could not find what is causing these Missing Attribute errors.
As it turned out that based on the "Attributes are Missing" criterion the Find & Select Dialog sometimes selects elements that do not actually have missing attributes.

The other problem I see here is that they have found parameters in which were missing parameters but were very hard to find on the interface. This makes me agree with rpinkham that there should be more information given by the program on exactly which attribute is missing and how to access it (in case of Doors/Windows and complex objects) a certain parameter may become enabled only if several other parameters are enabled or set to certain values. This makes finding certain parameters on the interface rather hard).