Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Missing Fill

Anonymous
Not applicable
In many of our library parts there is a "missing fill" as part of the materials or 2D/3D representation. This has been going on for a long time. It was mostly just a minor annoyance, but has become more irritating since 8.1. What is the missing fill and why are some many library parts referencing fills that are not a part of the standard fills that come with archicad? Has anyone else had this problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
SteveC0013 wrote:
In many of our library parts there is a "missing fill" as part of the materials or 2D/3D representation. This has been going on for a long time. It was mostly just a minor annoyance, but has become more irritating since 8.1. What is the missing fill and why are some many library parts referencing fills that are not a part of the standard fills that come with archicad? Has anyone else had this problem?
Youmost probably have an old library part that refers to an old fill that either no longer exists or is replaced; you can use Find&Select to isolate that lib part, resave it with updated default settings, and all will be well ...

Alternatively, use the updated libraries on GS US Technical Resources site
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi SteveC0013, i think the key to this problem is the new (AC17) type of "fills" - those with the double-rectangle-symbols which are no longer mere fills but BuildingMaterials. she or he writes quite cearly about it: http://blog.graphisoftus.com/ thanks to her or him via here.
Barry Kelly
csuhas wrote:
hi SteveC0013, i think the key to this problem is the new (AC17) type of "fills"
The original post is 10 years old - well before Building Materials in version 17.
It is simply a case of a fill attribute missing from the file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11