Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modelling and old window with pointed upper case

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear all!

I have an issue, regarding modelling in ArchiCAD 20 - how can I do such a window. I have almost all parameters done, except this upper case of window. Please help.

Best Regards,
Karol

Przechwytywanie.jpg
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it the shape of the window, or just the glazing bars in the upper section that is the problem? Cadimage windows will do a Gothic arch (see below), then I would just model the curved glazing bars as morphs and position them in the window opening.

Of course if you don't have Cadimage tools you could model the entire thing as a Custom window, using slabs (or morphs) for each element, and a slab with the ID of WALLHOLE to cut the opening in the wall.

See also How to create Custom Window
Anonymous
Not applicable
s2art wrote:
Is it the shape of the window, or just the glazing bars in the upper section that is the problem? I would probably just model the curved glazing bars as morphs and position them in the window opening.

Of course you could model the entire thing as a Custom window, using slabs (or morphs) for each element, and a slab with the ID of WALLHOLE to cut the opening in the wall.

See also How to create Custom Window
Thank you for such a quick response!

Both things are problems, but major one is a shape.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I assume you are modelling an existing 'as is' situation, I would make a custom library part as suggested. It's not like it will be changing much afterwards, to have need of the benefits of having parametric options.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5