cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Modelling

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can l create a single wall with different colors and textures. For example a wall of 3 meters having one color from zero to 1 meter and then another color from 1 to 3 meters.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
I would use a complex profile wall.
You can even add modifiers to make the different materials stretchy.
In fact in this image everything with a blue line is stretchy - wall heights and width, even the footing heights and widths.

Then it is just one wall and you will have no issues when you need to add doors and windows.
i.e. no need to cut extra holes in the extra walls.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lots of ways to do that. It depends on what you need to do with the model. One way is to leave the siding off of your Composite and model the parts of the siding you want to be different as separate walls. Then apply a different texture to those walls. If you are using a Complex Profile, you can make the complex profile useing different fill pattern/building material for each segment you want to show up with a different color. You could also use a texture/image and adjust it to fit your wall. Personally, I prefer to model the cladding/siding separately for something like that for the sake of useful interactive schedules. If it's just a graphic representation you want, use graphics solutions.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much I will try this your method. I'm really grateful
Solution
Barry Kelly
In fact in this image everything with a blue line is stretchy - wall heights and width, even the footing heights and widths.

Then it is just one wall and you will have no issues when you need to add doors and windows.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

Barry.
Thank you Barry l appreciate
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:

Barry.
I just tried it now and it worked, thanks l really appreciate
Barry Kelly
Francis wrote:
I just tried it now and it worked, thanks l really appreciate

You are welcome.
I am pleased to have helped.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27