Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modules causing major slowdown

Tom Krowka
Booster
Has anyone else experienced this? I've got a three story building that has 5 different modules in, various quantities, total of about thirty modules altogether.
Rebuilding time on the SE windows has gone way up. Any clue. I do have vectorial hatch turned on, but shading is off. I'm up to 58 minutes.....it's not that big.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
I have a project with about 150 modules in it with no such problems...
Tom Waltz
Chazz
Enthusiast
I agree with Tom (Tom W that is). I'm a module heavy kind of guy and have not noticed any slowdowns other than the added complexity the data in the modules may add. You have to pick your master layer with some care so that you can turn off the stuff you don't need without turning the whole thing off. However multiple or complex SEO's can make your model speed turn to guacamole. Anything like that going on?

Still, the 58 min. regeneration ordeal is an unfortunate truth of going the the 99% BIM route, especially with high-end residential work (my commercial stuff is always much simper).
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Tom Krowka
Booster
Maybe the problem I have is with the master layer. I created a new layer "Modules" and put the modules on that layer. They are all either off or on.....everything in the layer.

How do you do your modules in regard to the "master layer"

Maybe I'm missing something.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
TomWaltz
Participant
The modules have a master layer and usually have interior walls, exterior walls, millwork, and trimwork layers inside them.
Tom Waltz