Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph Tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have only used the morph in a very limited way; now I want to use it for schematic design. A Google search yields all sorts of instruction videos showing various capabilities of the tool - but they all cover just bits and pieces. What I have not been able to locate is a comprehensive systematic instruction. Could someone suggest one. Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I think you will need to provide more specific information about what you are trying to do.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I create a rectangular morph and then click on a node, edge or surface, a PET pallet comes up that offers 11 options. The utility of some of the options are obvious but some are not. For instance, if I use the "pencil" to draw a line from midpoint to midpoint of two edges and eventually decide that I want to remove that line, how do I do so.
Barry Kelly
Michael wrote:
If I create a rectangular morph and then click on a node, edge or surface, a PET pallet comes up that offers 11 options. The utility of some of the options are obvious but some are not. For instance, if I use the "pencil" to draw a line from midpoint to midpoint of two edges and eventually decide that I want to remove that line, how do I do so.
Select it with the select sub-element option - CTRL+SHIFT is the shortcut (in Windows).
Then delete.

I would advise going into the HELP menu and going to the Archicad YouTube channel.
I there you will find videos on the morph tool.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can watch the ARCHICAD Morph playlist on YouTube. It provides all the details about it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB29DDD09B91E1BF5

There are also clips that show how various architectural classics are modeled using the Morph Tool. It can give you some ideas about how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEA37CFF0657F9A5E
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27