Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving detail marker leader

Anonymous
Not applicable
How does one move the leader on a detail marker? Say, so it angles up versus down, or is on the left side of the detail marker versus the right.

If this has been covered here before, my apologies... I couldn't find it with a search.

Any tips are much appreciated.

(I'm hoping it's draggable in the drawing, and doesn't have to be set in the settings dialog box.)
6 REPLIES 6
Doug wrote:
(I'm hoping it's draggable in the drawing, and doesn't have to be set in the settings dialog box.)
You can do it both ways. To move the leader origin, goto "Marker Line Direction" under "General Settings" within the Marker Panel of the Detail Settings Dialog. You'll notice 4 options: 0, 90, 180, 270.

Moving the Marker Line "break points" can be done either by dragging the editable hotspots or altering the parameters with Detail Settings Dialog > Marker Panel > General Settings > Marker Geometry. NOTE: When dragging hotspots, make sure the "Stretch" button is active in the Pet Pallette.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura wrote:
Moving the Marker Line "break points" can be done either by dragging the editable hotspots... NOTE: When dragging hotspots, make sure the "Stretch" button is active in the Pet Pallette.
Laura,
I've tried using the markers called "Standard Detail Marker 10" or "Detail Indicator_NCS10" (which are the only ones that have a circle with the detail and sheet numbers in it). Both are uncooperative. I can stretch the corners of the detail boundary (this is in Section view), but when I click on the hotspots of the detail number circle or its leader the pet palette, instead of "move node", has "move sub-element". Which only lets me move the entire detail circle and leader.

Is there a different detail marker I should be using? And, if so, any ideas where to get it?

Thanks for your time and help. I appreciate it.
Attached is a screen shot of the "Detail_Indicator_NCS 10" -- the editable hotspots are purple. Once you grab a hotspot, the Pet Palette should appear, at which time you need to make sure the "Stretch" button is active (or select it if it isn't) -- now you should be able to reposition the node just about anywhere.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm back. The well described procedure by Laura just doesn't behave that way on my AC10. Could it be because it's a bug only on the Mac version?

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any more clues.
Doug wrote:
I'm back. The well described procedure by Laura just doesn't behave that way on my AC10. Could it be because it's a bug only on the Mac version?

Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any more clues.
Forgive me for repeating myself, but are you sure the "Stretch" button of the Pet Palette is active?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura,
My apologies. I was using the "Move sub-element" thinking that was the closest thing to "Stretch". And I didn't recognize which one was active in the picture you posted. (It looks a little different on a Mac.)
Once again, I thought too hard when I should have just poked around to see what would happen with each pet pallette button.

Thank you for persevering and pointing out my error.