cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Moving from PC to MAC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Folks, I just switched from a smokin' fast Dell Precision 530 to a slightly slower brand new Powerbook 1.33 GHz running Panther 10.3 I can take the slower computer in stride because I just can't stand windows any longer, however:

Is it really true that there is no Toolbar on the Mac?!

Does anyone know why this may be?

Thanks

Brad
7 REPLIES 7
Djordje
Ace
Brad wrote:
Is it really true that there is no Toolbar on the Mac?!

Does anyone know why this may be?
System limitation, I hear.

Enjoy the ease of use, relax. Speed is not everything.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently upgraded my Mac G4 450 to a P4 2.8
I have both now, one for AC7 the other for AC8

I never had a tool bar with the mac and found with the PC for a while I would use it but now just use the short cut keys and the right click menu.

and I agree the mac system is easier to use, but the PC is faster than my G5 1.8 at work.

kerry
Anonymous
Not applicable
On the recent archicad 8.1 new features video, I noticed the presenter using AC on XP , I couldn't help feel that a lot of the monitor space was used up by the toolbars and XP window shades etc .

But then again I am a biased mac user.

By the way, how do these smilies work?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It works yipeeee
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Brad.
As Djordje stated it is an OS limitation..
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I've heard is that all Windows apps inherently have a toolbar under the menu bar. Mac apps don't. It's not that it's not possible for Mac apps to have a tool bar because many do. I think its just that it would have to specifically be added to the Mac version.
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I use Quickeys to create pallettes with all my favourite commands such as Publish, Display Options etc. Not as simple to setup as Window's version but not far away. Checkout http://www.cesoft.com/products/qkx.html

In 0S 9.2.2 I have a palette set up for the Magic Click tools ie isolate, hide layer and align etc. Ireally miss those in OSX. Sadly the chap that made these tools never did a Mac OSX version...or did he????

Maybe someone out there knows.
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics