cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi-Level Foundations

idarchie
Participant
I am working on a project on a steep site so the foundation elevations have a very large range, about 21' of difference from one end to the other. I can't figure out how to display the entire foundation in the plan view. I have tried adjusting the floor plan cut plane, and the various foundation wall display settings but I cannot get all of them to show in the same plan view. I would greatly appreciate any insight!
ArchiCAD 21, macbook pro-High Sierrs- 3.1 GHz-16GB-Radeon Pro 560 4GB
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I would try putting all of the foundation walls in their own layer.
Then you can display just that layer with a FPCP at what ever height you want.
Or you could forget the FPCP and set all the walls as 'Symbolic' if you want to see them all as cut walls in plan.
Or set them all as 'Outlines Only' if you want a top view.

FPCP really doesn't work over multiple levels.
The only way to get it to work is to set up multiple floor plan views all with different FPCP heights.
Then place the views on a layout and crop and reposition so they join to show the overall plan you want.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Why not set them all to symbolic cut and have them all on one story? That seems the simplest.

James Murray has created a cool label that can label the top and bottom of walls at the same time. Great for these kinds of plans!

Cheers,
Link.
idarchie
Participant
Thanks Guys. It didn't occur to me to just make my foundation level taller to accommodate the entire height.
ArchiCAD 21, macbook pro-High Sierrs- 3.1 GHz-16GB-Radeon Pro 560 4GB
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
So your foundation level doesn't absolutely need to be that high. Your wall's height can enter into other stories and so long as they are set to symbolic cut they will not appear in those stories.

Stories are really just containers of information. You can set their elevations and heights to work for you. Perhaps 10' height makes the math easier for you?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Link.