Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Multi level column

Tom Krowka
Booster
Any way to get a column to show up on more than one level. I have a column that goes up continuously four floors. I thought it would be a construction element that would show up dashed on the floor above. Or at least have a setting that would allow to show up on the floor above or below like some of the other elements have.

Is there a setting I missed? I find it hard to believe I have to draw a col. on ea. floor, or use a wall? or use a slab?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Hi Tom,
This is some thing that has been a big pain in the butt for a while now. But your fears have been revealed. It's not doable with the column tool.

Lib parts or as you stated, walls, slabs etc etc

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom wrote:
Any way to get a column to show up on more than one level. I have a column that goes up continuously four floors. I thought it would be a construction element that would show up dashed on the floor above. Or at least have a setting that would allow to show up on the floor above or below like some of the other elements have.
The only way is to make the column into a library object (file/gdl objects/create object from 3D window) You will not get the fills though without editing the library part & adding the fills/lines in the 2D window.

Also you can only show on - all/one up/one down, without special scripting. But this would give you three storeys by olacing 3m. below the first floor and setting 1 up & 1 down visiblity.