cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New view or folder in Navigator goes to bottom of list.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Previously all new folders or views created in the Navigator-View Map were created at the top of the list but in AC14 they go to the bottom... I'm not sure it is a bad thing for them to be at the bottom but the seemingly arbitrary change from 13 is driving me crazy.... especially now when I have projects in both versions....

I've looked for a preference window to change the behavior with no luck...

anyone?
2 REPLIES 2
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
We raised this before AC14 went public, but GS insisted it was more logical to put newly created items at the bottom of a list rather than at the top.

It drives me nuts too, especially when you have extensive view maps and layout books like we do. At the very least it would have been helpful if the list scrolled down to where the new item was located.

There's no way to change this behavior AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
We raised this before AC14 went public, but GS insisted it was more logical to put newly created items at the bottom of a list rather than at the top.

It drives me nuts too, especially when you have extensive view maps and layout books like we do. At the very least it would have been helpful if the list scrolled down to where the new item was located.

There's no way to change this behavior AFAIK.

Cheers,
Link.
Crazy... It makes more sense to me to have the new one at the top right below where I right click to create it not 10,15,30 folders down... Mostly it makes more sense to keep it the way it has been and not make stupid random changes when there are plenty of things they could spend their time fixing or improving....

sorry for the rant...

Actually I'm not... This is the second random change I've found in 14 that is messing with my productivity...